2008/01/15

Ski Weekend in Wisconsin

@ Alpine Valley Resort, approximately 2 hours drive from Evanston.

寄件者 080112-Ski Tr...
Highlights for this time:
1. So comfortable for skiing now. Blue route? Piece of cake.
I went to take the beginners class in the morning, and soon found out that it's a waste of time for me :P
Left the class, tried some slopes on my own to warm up, and..... fight! I'll never know if I never try!

2. A black diamond route(the most difficult route) by accident
After some more trials in the afternoon, I got a little bit bored about the same route and followed the map attempting to try something fresh. I found one next to two black diamond routes, and took the chairlift up for the challenge. I first bent one of my ski pole and broke it short after I got on the lift, and carelessly hung myself still on the lift when I was supposed to get down while reaching the top (yeah, a staff shut down the system for me and held me down the lift XD). Story continued that Jim, my companion, found out for sure that- there were only black diamond routes!

And I got only one and a half pole with me.......... XD

The result? I survived. (I'm still a complete Wendy)
I amazingly made it by stopping several times on the way to observe the following direction. I was impressed that I conquered my inner fear!

Special thanks also go to Jim!

3. Great fun meeting new friends- Chia-Lin, Jim, and Malcolm!
  • Jim, a second year Kellogg MBA student, a Thai-Taiwanese, happened to know one of my NTUMUN friend well. Further, his girlfriend is Joey's current classmate in Harvard MBA!
  • Malcolm studied for his MBA PhD in Wisconsin joined our ski trip by chance.
We four fought/skied until 5:30 p.m. together, including having silly fun of taking the same chairlift and getting down all at the same time without falling, appreciating the sunset on the top of the hill, as well as enjoying a football game on TV together.

None of us have met one another before.
We did, however, cherished the glamorous moments we had in Alpine Valley Resort.

Stories will continue. They will.....

1 comment:

樂齡學習 said...

-----銘謝賜票-----桂冠人氣王 (免費出遊日本)

搶當桂冠旅遊王創意行程大募集。 免費出遊非夢事。 主辦單位:桂冠旅遊。@emailcash
日本本州創意行程7日遊
桂 冠 人 氣 王: 青青河畔草 [參賽作品] 得票數:555

青青河畔草
http://huberthsu.blogspot.com/
參賽編號:01602
請至百萬部落客的活動
參加者名單第 31 頁點閱本家參加評比的文章,增加人氣!THANKS
http://mb.emailcash.com.tw/list.asp

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.