2008/01/05

Hello Evanston Again!

Welcome back home!

Although I don't really want to admit that Evanston is "home," it indeed felt good to come back to my place finally~ Especially I knew well that soon I'd meet Serena and had a dinner with her, as well as met Myriam and told her everything happening in my journey!

And everything after I arrived went just as expected, "nice and warm~" Pleasant talk with Serena, Myriam and Annie, efficient laundry and clean-up, and great night sleep. I even got Mom's love package carried and passed by helpful Briana at the night!

What's more, I got a Saturday dinner appointment after I phoned O'Neils at O'Hare Airport.
"I'm back!"
"Oh, we must meet you before your school starts again!"
What a homey feeling is this?

The dinner at O'Neils was fantastic, and I heard many interesting stories from them and their neighbors. Pat and Joan prepared red wine, wonderful lamp, baked potatoes and spinach salad for us, and the brownie was awesome, too! Greg, Carol, Judy and Katherine were camping lovers, and their life/travel stories were impressive. According to Joan, this family went for at least one domestic plus one overseas tour once a year. For the domestic one, they prefer driving than flying, and camping than staying in the hotel. Judy went study in Norway for one year and could speak Norwegian now; she has been also an athletic girl who enjoyed hiking, canoing, ice climbing and skiing. Katherine talked a lot about her experiences working in summer camps, and was planning to involve in one again the coming summer. Greg, the dad, was the one pioneered the family to go out exploring the world. He and Carol talked about their going to Belize, carrying all donated items to help improving the education circumstances there while doing some missionary job. They also mentioned their plan to go to Turkey and so on.

All these brought me back to the very issue that bothered me throughout this break again-
  • what kind of person am I,
  • what is my preference,
  • what kind of lifestyle am I pursuing,
  • what is my belief and value?
The answer became clearer and clearer, indeed.

Thank you Lord again to put everything together in your magic way. And,

Hey, I am back

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.