2005/12/02

Take A Walk in the Snow

It's so sunny outside today, so I decided to take a walk and to take some pictures in the campsite. Guys, open your eyes! You must be really impressed by the following pictures!

The first one is our lovely Chalet covered in snow. It's the place we lived and worked everyday. It's the place we have created BEST memories together every moment.

As for the road leading us to the campsite, it looked like the picture in the right now. Early this season, it looked so colorful because of the maples; recently, it looked so bright because of the pure snow. If On Ground work ever made me exhausted, this fascinating road always played the role to recharge me:)

CHA CHA CHA! Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to Uncle Bens!!! Our brand new shelter!!!

This the place I help to build.
This is the place I stepped onto the scaffold and the roof to paint.
This is exactly the place that was not existed before. We witnessed it to have a flat ground and then a chimney, several pills and then walls, roofs and then tiles on the top, and eventually, it was done.
Isn't it beautiful?? I'm so proud of having the shelter here. And of course, I'm sooooo proud of myself being a tiny little helper in the whole project.

Later I went to Wood Compound near Uncle Sams. That was my first working area in KISC. I spent some interesting days with Michale(DE) to build a roof for woods(in the right hand side). Additionally, Julia, Andrea, and I started to pile up woods and to curse evil chainsaw monster, Ben and Laurance, together for several mornings and afternoons. "We need to finish these before the snow comes," they used to say so. Guess what? I think we made it :) The woods are well-protected/covered now~

The other memory I shared with Michale is to make benches and the concrete base for a mini campfire site. We have already let the first fire when the Dutch Working Party was here. Hmmm, I wish I would have a chance to tell Michale- The fire looks pretty that night. Our hard-working made it so. He must be happy about this ^_^

Slowly walking back, I sentimentally wondered that how can I ever stand to leave?? Kandersteg is SO beautiful. The life here is so comfortable. How can I leave without missing this place terribly? How can I forget every breathe I take here, How can I forget the chilly morning, sunny but not really warm sunshine at noon, and the serene night?

How dare I......

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.