2008/12/31

Wendy E-News- [Wendy, happily with my master's in IMC, wishes you a Happy New Year 2009!]

Dear my friends,

Long time no see~ Time flies, it's almost the end of the year 2008, and the new year is around the corner! Also, I would love to happily announce that I have received my master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communications from Northwestern University. Congratulations to myself :D

What's next? Everyone's curious about this. After consulting with some alumni and senior friends, I decided to stay in Chicago looking for job openings within the U.S. I have applied for the OPT(Optional Practical Training) and will be able to stay in the U.S. for at least 3 months after graduation to look for a job. If I am lucky enough to get an offer by April 1 and to get my H1B working visa sponsored, I cannot leave the country till around October, due to regulation limitations. Otherwise, I will return to Taiwan after April and end my journey in the U.S.

Dad flew to Chicago for my graduation on December 13 and made me one of the happiest international students who was accompanied by family. He brought so many gifts prepared by Mom to share with those who have been a blessing to me during my stay. Dad didn't spend too many days in town, but I made it to take him visit the Millennium Park and the Bean、to appreciate night views from John Hancock Observatory、to visit the submarine and coal mine in Science and Industry Museumto taste the famous Deep Dish Pizza of Chicago. Popular Dad was also invited by my host family mom- Joan to try the famous pancake at Walker Bros. in Wilmette, and he enjoyed great coffee talk with Kerry as well as happily joined my graduation ceremony. I was also blessed to receive graduation gifts from my uncle's family. Two little girls spent two hours to make a card for me! How sweet!

Thank you for loving me! Thank you!

My busy life continued after graduation, because I moved again. One of my original roommates and I left the apartment we subleased for fall and moved into another one bedroom apartment. This new place is spacious. She will use the main bedroom while I use the living room temporarily. We are short of some furniture, but I think I am fine with it- This space will accompany me to fight for the great job hunting battle!

And here's the new address- postcards welcomed :D
Wendy Chen
1121 Church St. Apt 312,
Evanston, IL 60201, US

The next day of my moving, I rolled on to the sunny trip in southern California. I just got back to Evanston and did not finish my stories during the trip yet, but I could not help thinking of the unexpected elementary school friends reunion, the sunshine in Santa Monica, the ski trip in Big Bear Lake area, the reunion with university friends Lien and Cynthia, the pleasant trip to San Diego Sea World for dolphin and Shamu shows with IMC classmate Ann, window shopping with Serena in Fashion Island, the breathtaking beach view at Dana Point, and the warm, cozy Christmas afternoon with Serena's relatives: watching Boston Celtics vs. LA Lakers and eating tons of great food......

Danny Sun, Serena Sah, Li-Chih Hu, Lien Chen, Cynthia Hsu and Annie Kuo- THANK YOU ALL! You made my journey complete and colorful. I could not imagine this trip without you!

This rest recharged me. So, get back to reality, I will keep an eye on job opportunities in mainly big cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York. Marketing communications positions that utilizes social media, digital marketing and online marketing in high-tech, consulting, travel and restaurant industries are my main target. I am open to both corporate and agency side of opportunities. My longer term plan is still to work in Asian countries, especially greater China area. Some working experiences in the U.S., I believe, will still be very valuable to me. Let me fight for it now~ Wish me luck!

Hope you have a wonderful New Year 2009! Be Happy!

Love Always,
Wendy

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.