2009/09/24

Wendy E-News[From G to A, Life Advances]

Dear my lovely friends,

Finally, no more wonder around for Wendy! I found a spot for myself and settled to start working, full-time.

July 17, reluctantly, I quietly left the 73F office when my contract expired. In my farewell statement, I told my beloved coworkers: "I will stay as the top fan of G products and of all those extraordinary talents like you guys- who are creating history for our world. Please keep your great works rolling!"

September 14, my new journey began at HQ of A*** TPE as a PM for graphics card. "Empty Yourself!" was the first concept my boss taught me. Actually, I AM empty in this completely new field. My potential was recognized by my manager and my team through three rounds of intense interviews. My ignorance about the product and my overly-ideal point of view were also tolerated- and the team offered me the opportunity to start learning from scratch step by step, asking millions of stupid questions to get more idea. I have started working for one week, an overwhelming week. The way to learn ahead is endless. Endless.

I indeed got some mixed feelings when looking back to this tumbled path:
  • I was insulted by some interviewer in person
  • I was valued by ex-bosses and was informed about openings twice
  • I was referred by alum and senior friends to their contacts
  • For several times, I prepared proposals for those unfamiliar products and processes and tried to win over my audiences
  • Unbelievably, I won my strong competitor who's a real professional in the field
  • For many occasions, I consulted seniors with urgent issues via phone/email and made them worry about me
My landing at A*** was not only a great news for myself but also a relief to my family and friends, I guess.
Thank you all for the support and concern along the way!

Lastly, my life was not that packed with tour or fun these days; Not that many great photos or life records either.
Some materials to share include:
Hope you can get a chance to visit my photos.
Hope you like my ordinary life right now.

All the Best!

Love, Wendy

3 comments:

devilandrew said...

馬塞克只打了一半~~

elin said...

Congratulations Wendy!
I am sure you will enjoy your brand new working life, just keep us posted

Elin

Wendy Chen said...

Thanks Elin! All the best to you, too!

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.