2007/04/24

Dinning @ Formosa Plastic Group Restaurant

Thanks to Dad and St. George's Day- aka International Scouting Day, I went there to have dinner with the famous Formosa steak(Photo will be posted later). The dish, without doubt, was as marvelous and legendary as it was told. What caught my attentions more was the gathering, and the social atmosphere as a whole.

  • THE PEOPLE
Chairman of......CEO of.....General Manager of....Chief Leader of.....
Bankers, Car Dealers, Real Estate Brokers, Principals.....
As a freshman in the society, I was so timid about my every single behavior, especially while Dad served as the Chairman of that Club, and Mom was there with the title of Principal of.....
All the members were kind and nice to me, but I couldn't help feeling uneasy of the great pressure I've encountered. I was too young to enter the world of so many masters in their field I guess....

  • THE RITUAL
Dad's trade-off with me to attend the noble gathering lay in two parts:
  1. I was meant to represent the youth involving in Scouting,
  2. I had to made a 3-minute speech to declare the spirit of chivalry- St. George's spirit- from youth's point of view.
For the latter one, other speakers were all figures, aka SOMEBODY, in Scouting that stood for the eldest and the prime generation. As a nobody like me, to shoulder the responsibility to speak for our generation, and to help create the hand-down atmosphere, people can easily imagine my nervous, right?

Nevertheless, frankly, I like Dad's idea to have the elder, the prime, and the young generations to share their ideas on chivalry. It's much more meaningful than having an individual talking, talking, talking to the audience (and to him/herself >"<)
  • THE ENVIRONMENT & DISH
See! When I put these two together, you promptly know that I won't put emphasis on introducing the gourmet. I will not.

The restaurant, simply put, is luxurious. Our dinning room had A round TABLE for 26 people to sit together. The center wheel, unlike other restaurants, was made to roll automatically..... And people could shut it down by pressing the button by the side.

The dinning room windows were covered by European delicate curtains, one layer after another. You could easily find the example from this drama.... All the other furnitures shared the similar style, while the canvases on the wall also told you some ancient stories.....

Besides these, marble floor and tiles, gorgeous flowers everywhere either with a vase or spreading on the table, hanging against the wall..... Marbles always gave people a sense of stability, while flowers always made people happy, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for the marbles, flowers, and for the people who use them..... People could lead a simple life and still enjoy it, couldn't they?

When it came to food, every set of meal had
  • all-you-can-eat bread,
  • Chinese-style side dish,
  • soup,
  • sweet corn,
  • salad,
  • main dish- anyways HUGE
    • Gigot, or
    • (Sea Food)Fish& Srimp, or
    • Steak, (with photo, later)
  • fruit- watermelon for the night
  • all-you-can-drink red wine or orange juice.
It's not easy for me to understand which GIANT will need so much food for a single meal. I felt guilty for the NT$1,000 I spent for the night. I also felt guilty for the leftover we've created.... The food could feed many many many more people than 26 actually.....

I was too young and too immature to undertake these. Positive or negative, I knew that I had a long way to run, to learn, to experience, and to think for my life.

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.