2008/02/05

So, What Sushi Are You? "Sushi Yama" Presentation

For the "Stakeholder and Customer Relationship Management" class, we were required to come up with a viral marketing plan for a food service company. My group member and I, thus, chose to develop a plan through Facebook to promote our fake Japanese restaurant "Sushi Yama." We created many interesting ideas and enjoyed the discussion, and I volunteered to present for our group.

That was actually a bold thing to do, even naive. I apparently overestimated my presentation skills :( Thanks a lot to Myriam and Annie, I went to their room for rehearsal a night before for 2 hours. They both helped a lot to give me idea on how to make the presentation flow fluently with appropriate vocabularies/sentences to use.

"First part of your presentation is VERY IMPORTANT! Wendy." Myriam reminded me again and again.
"Surprise your audience! Make them interested in what you're going to say. Make them not bored."

So, when I started my presentation in class, I greeted everyone in Japanese first- it worked.

Because of the unexpected change by Clarke, my presentation proceeded in two separate sections and was done differently than planned. Still, thanks to the rehearsal, I got fair enough control over the contents to present and the proper responses to answer questions. Truth be told, there was still one question that I HAD COMPLETELY NO IDEA. But I was lucky enough to response in the way by appreciating the challenger to offer the information to help Sushi Yama refine our plan. My reaction was praised by Clarke, (yay~) and my group members seemed to view it a clever answer, too.

Well, maybe I was truly somehow talented in this kind of PR job?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha!! it was so funny. "I'm a tuna sushi! and that says a lot about me! my complexion is pink.." omg, Wendy, you were hilarious. You made Clarke Caywood crack out laughing! :-))
Myriam.

Wendy Chen said...

hey~ Thank you guys for the funny ideas~ I won't be able to entertain anyone without the funny idea we together developed~ :D

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.