2008/02/15

Wendy E-News-[Hello Everyone, Greetings from Chicago again!]

Dear my lovely friends,

Warmest Greetings from Wendy in Chicago!
I have not heard from you for a long time, and neither have you heard from me. So, time for a little bit update!

First, Study.
Sure should we start from this point. That's the PRIMARY reason I came here.

After three month struggle from September to December 2007, I have started another circle of struggle since this January- and this will continue till mid March. My academic achievement is just fair, I delightedly received the result. I'm especially appreciated of my two lovely professors in "Statistics" and "Marketing Management" for not kicking me out of the class (even the country). Truly, I have tried my best.

As for "Communication Skills & Persuasion" and "Consumer Insight," I didn't get pretty enough scores because of my continuous adjustment to English academic environment and American culture as well as its market. Well, since I have acknowledged that I am not an American, try my best and happily welcome any result is the best I could do.

For this quarter, my new struggle are "Database Marketing & Analysis" and "Marketing Finance." The best way I used to conquer them was to stay aside by some clever classmates all the time and asked questions over and over again until I finally got the idea. The other two classes are "Media Economics & Technology" and "Stakeholders & Community." These two exposed me to many up-to-date trends and concepts, and I often felt excited about what I learnt in class!

Additionally, although I got tons of group projects to do for this quarter, the cooperation with classmates of all nationalities brought me fresh surprises! The interactions with people from America, Morocco, China, South Korea, India, Pakistan are valuable learnings for me outside of textbooks!

My participation in the 2008 Kellogg Marketing Conference- Breaking the Rules was also worth mentioning. The dynamic ideas and practices from all industries recharged my mind that day. I felt so full of energy!


OK! Time for FUN!
My winter break 2007 was spent in New Jersey, New York and Washington DC. I skied, went up to The Empire State Building Observatory, visited Metropolitan Museum, wondered around in Central Park, had tons of fun in Times Square and SOHO, played bowling with friends to welcome 2008, etc.

After coming back to Chicago, I went for another ski trip in Wisconsin, visited Contemporary Art Museum, appreciated night view on John Hancock Center Observatory, listened to live Blues in Blue Chicago, cheered for Chicago Bulls...

Everyone reminded me to "Study Hard, Play Harder! "
You see, I didn't forget!
It goes without saying that I got many opportunities to meet new friends and to grow deeper relationships with old friends when involving in all the activities. And thank God, I was always surrounded by warm friendships no matter where I am.

So, proceed to my Birthday and Chinese New Year.
Besides the greetings/gifts from family and friends, I gave myself a big gift- to learn a Peacock Dance from fellow Mainland Chinese friends. Furthermore, I danced on stage on my birthday, which is the Chinese New Year Celebration day.
You know, I was just trying to prove against the saying that "You cannot teach an old dog new tricks." And hey! I am no old dog yet! ;)

Lastly, internship
According to my program's design, my fourth quarter (Summer Vacation) should be the one for internship, and we should be advised by professor(s) and/or corporation managers to work on some researches or projects. All students are so busy on taking care of our study and internship applications. I just finished my application for Coca-Cola (in Atlanta), and waited for interview notification (if any). I will apply for some other companies soon later again. Yeah.... will be soooo busy!

This update is actually quite long, sorry :P
Thank you for reading the email, and best wishes for your year and everything!

Take Care!

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.