2009/04/29

Daily Wendy Becomes Weekly Wendy?!

No, it's not true. I am sorry to make you feel so. It is true, though, that I didn't come to update my life as regular as I used to be. Simple reason/explanation: My lifestyle changes- I'm learning how to settle back in my usual lifestyle in TW, and at the same time I'm trying to find alternatives for my newly-built habits/routines in the US. To name a few:
  1. I went to Carrefour trying to buy some yogurt for myself, and I stood there, completely lost. Where are all those familiar brands? Gosh, Taiwanese people don't eat those brands I love but eat those local brands with tiny servings?
  2. I was doing a survey and found the questions so hard to answer. a) Many brands are so unfamiliar (they're local or Asia brands) b) We translated so many brands into Chinese, so I have difficulty recognizing them. (Maybe I'll have to google them to verify their identity.....I still have this issue.)
  3. Have no idea what to buy and how much should I view a thing as "reasonable priced." Really, I am so lost. Everything comparatively is so cheap, (for sure) and since there was also some price changes over this past year or so, I need more time to understand if I am really having a bargain or not. (My judgment was criticized by my dad and brother for several times already....)
  4. TV news. We also got a new president and new government when I was abroad in the US. Not to mention all the other things happened without notice. Who is s/he? What is that? What happened? Why did they say so? Jeez I am so lost. I feel like a foreigner.....
I did stay busy on several major things:
  1. ANTI-ALLERGY: As many of you might know, this environment change got me the horrible running nose and sometimes red spots or itchy skin. I HATE THEM! Unfortunately it's more like my destiny that I have to fight with them since I'm back... (Seriously, this is one of the major reasons why I miss Chicago/US)
  2. CLEAN MY HOUSE/MY ROOM: Not only unpacking. (No, I didn't finish my unpacking task yet.) I deeply know that I have to sort out my stuff to fully get my life back to normal. However, 1) I am lazy; 2) There are way more clean-ups to do than I expect; 3) My allergies horribly slow down my pace; 4) Sometimes I resist to face the reality that I am already back. There's (kind of) no return.
  3. JOB-HUNTING: Similar things happen all over again-- revising/submitting resumes, visiting corporate Web sites, building up/extending connections, thinking outside-of-box again for potential opportunities, reaching out to head hunters....
    -Contacted corps: Yahoo! Taiwan, Google Taiwan, Unilever Taiwan, Ogilvy Taiwan, ASUS, 天下遠見, etc
    -Contacted head hunters: Manpower Taiwan, Dynatech Business Associates(DBA)
  4. CATCH-UP WITH FRIENDS:
    -Cambodia 8 sisters吳哥八姐妹
    -Magic 4
    -Ken IMC '06
    -NTU friends + NTUMUNers
    -Wooitee
  5. HAVE FUN:
    -Watching TV (Welcome back! My Japanese channel)
    -Keeping my Pipi company :)
    From 0904-Back In Taiwan
    -Lots and Lots and Lots of great food~
    From 0904-Back In Taiwan
    -Turtle Island visit with parents: dolphin swimming nearby our boat!!!!
    From 090416-Turtle Island
    -Baseball game with Wooitee, Johnny and MUNers
From 0904-Back In Taiwan
SOMETHING RANDOM:
-Interviewed by Phoenix TV鳳凰衛視 for my overseas medical care experience
-Meeting up with/replying emails to existing/potential IMCers
-Listening to speeches
-Giving a talk on my brother's class in NTOU

Oh I am busy. As always.

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.