Taiwan doesn't contribute much to the global economy, but we do contribute MUCH on the CO2 emission per person.....
Normal people like you and me may not stop our government from establishing the intensive-CO2-emitting industries, however, we can change our ways of consuming energy. By practicing the following steps, many a little makes a mickle, we can stop the earth from warming.
Slightly change makes Huge difference.
- Turn off the light. Turn off/plug off the recharger, screen, even the red little light on the extension.
Check point: Where's the waste?
- After you turn off the light to bed, if
any part of your electronic equipments is "on" (with a red/blue/green light),
OR, if the devices are still "warm" while you're not using it, there must be some energy wasting.
- When riding a motorcycle, only start when you're ready. (Warm up time should not be too long); turn it off first and then park your bike when arrive.
- Always take Cups, Chopsticks, Handbags with you
Take your own cups to Starbucks, you can get NT10 discount for coffee.
Some MOS burger fill your take-out cups depending on the capacity of it.
(But as you can imagine, if you take a HUGE pitcher with you, they'll refuse to fill your "cup" :P)
- Take the stairs (but not elevator), walk/ride a bike (but not motorcycle) both help a lot!
Please remind and share the ways to save energy with one another.
Thanks to you, we'll have a healthier earth!