2005/10/28

Via Ferrata!!

We went to rock climbing again today, and it's Via Ferrata!!

The weather's good, quite sunny and not that windy, and our mood are great. Although we failed to take Chris with us, for he was spending the holiday with his parents. I've tried to stop others from going, because I knew very much that Chris would feel really pissed off when he knows about our going there. Meanwhile, you know I didn't succeed~ (and he was really angry afterwards...)

This route is harder than the one before. We got only some nails to stand on/ to grab, but not U rings. You could see from the pic in the right. And, Jabba told us that Via Ferrada is away from the ground about 400M, which means once we fall, we'd have almost no chance to feel "alive". Excellent! Then, why did I go? Ask God~

In the beginning, like every other time, I felt scared. We stared with a steep ladder, and we would go for other few ones on our way up. I've heard about one twisted ladder, and a long scary three-cable-bridge. In my imagination, those might become the place that I need to call the helicopter to come.....Guess what? I survied the whole route!!

Is that really hard to climb?? Seriously I'll say- NOT AT ALL. I only got difficulty to climb in several points ( less than five ), and merely one of them made me feel like "I can't do it~" Most of the time, I concentrated on thinking " how should I take the next step? where should I put my hands/feet?". That did help me to forget the danger and the fear of height- just try best to push myself UP!

Actually there're two ways to cross a valley- by the three-cable-bridge or by the swing seat ( hmm... no seat at all :P) And I chose the former one like most of others. Only Jabba did the swing seat. Please imagine, when crossing a valley which a waterfall runs beside you, and you conciously knows that nothing else is down there catching you- what you get is the two strings attaching to your harness/ body and the life-safing cable - what would be in your mind when stepping on the first bit of the cablebridge? You know what did I do? I sang songs named "courage," and kept pushing myself forward.

Oh well, it's not that hard, honestly. But you DO need strong mind, body(arms & feet), enough skills/experience and courage. Thank God! I have all of them~

Lastly, the pictures show you how the route looks like when you see the way UP (in the left) and the way DOWN (in the right). Feel like joining us next time??

No comments:

To companies who possess, or are passionate about obtaining and maintaining global reputation, Wendy is the diligent and professional digital marketer who is experienced in digital marketing, is always energetic about solving challenges in the new media field to help the business grow, and can optimize her contributions by utilizing her multilingual and multicultural background.